Briquetting of biomass is new technology to reuse waste material which has been very famous now days. Use of biomass as an alternative source of energy is the best way to recycle garbage and turn into utilizable products.
Many of the developing countries produce huge quantities of green residues but they are used inefficiently causing extensive pollution to the environment. The major residues are coffee husk, almond shells, jute sticks and bagasse. This all divested material produce wide spread air and land pollution. So, Briquetting plant is the way to overcome this problem. Briquetting plant is able to convert green waste into high density fuel briquettes. The process of making briquettes is convenient and pollution-free. The output from biomass briquetting plant is called “biomass briquettes” which are also known as White Coal briquettes.
At the juncture, there is no other machine or plant which makes useful products from garbage like briquetting plant. That’s why briquetting plant project has become most popular in the world. The potential of biomass briquetting in India was estimated at 61,000 MW, while the estimated employment generation by the industry is about 15.52 million and the farmers earn about $ 6 per ton of farm residues.
Biomass briquettes are very useful in industries and domestic purpose like heating or cooking. These briquettes are mainly use in heat application and power generation through gasification of biomass briquettes. It is better product than black coal.
Advantages of Briquetting Plant
- Briquettes produced from briquetting plant are good substitute for cal and lignite.
- This is most useful method to save the dependency on fuel wood.
- There are different briquetting machines available in the market which makes high density fuel briquettes.
- Densities fuels are easy to transport, store and handle.
- Briquettes are cheaper than coal and lignite once used can’t be replaced.
- There is no sulphur used in process of making briquettes.
- Briquettes have a stable quality, have high burning efficiency, and are supremely sized for complete combustion.
Briquetting plant technology dominate the Indian market: Jumbo 90 briquetting press machine and Super 70 briquetting press machine. These two machines are make bio coal briquettes have different shapes and densities. From above we can conclude that briquetting plant project have several advantages over coal and lignite. Thus biomass briquetting plant is alternative source of energy.